Search This Blog

1.23.2009

Medical Music

I've been listening to more music now that I've left the podcasts about the election behind. When I first started in nursing I collected a bunch of songs that had medical themes or classic lines referring to medicine. Here's my current playlist:

Doctor My Eyes by Jackson Browne
Only the Song Survives by John Hiatt
Novacaine by the Eels
Sample in a Jar by Phish
Handshake Drugs by Wilco
Everybody Hurts by REM
Don't Give it to Me by the Proclaimers
Limb by Limb by Phish
Shot in the Arm by Wilco
Your Misfortune by Mike Doughty
My Eyes are Disconnected from My Body by Maestro Echoplex
Dead by They Might Be Giants
Hospital Bed by Ben Kweller
I Only Pray At Night by John Fulbright

Shadows in the Rain by Sting (mostly for the line "woke up in my clothes again this morning, don't know exactly where I am. I should heed my doctor's warning, he does the best with me he can."

I know there's more out there. Any suggestions?

No comments:

If You Want to Make God Laugh...

 Early on in the pandemic one of my daughters exclaimed "Covid ruins everything!"  It became a running joke in our house, a bitter...